- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
You have the right to access the information held about you by us and to have this information amended if incorrect. If you wish to avail of these rights please contact us at email@example.com.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address and name – information that is necessary for communicating directly with you if you submit a query or message. We store the information you provide us with in order to reference your query or message and communicate with you directly about this.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
How we use your Personal Data
When you submit a message or query to us, you provide us with some personal data such as your name, and e-mail address which we will store in order to capture your request, and contact you in relation to this. We process your Personal Data to identify you and to communicate in relation to your message or query. We will only ever use this data to communicate directly with you.
We may collect information about your site usage by analysis of customer traffic.
We may use information collected to personalise your visits to the Website. We may also use the information to help us develop the design and layout of the Website to ensure that our site is as user-friendly as possible.
Who else has access to your Personal Data
How we secure your data
When you provide us with your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
|_ga||This cookie stores a unique client identifier, which is used by Google Analytics to record your visit to the website. All information collected is anonymous.||2 years|
|_gid||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to record your navigation through the website. All information collected is anonymous.||24 hours|
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser settings. For further information please refer to https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/. Disabling cookie support may prevent the Website from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilise fully all of its features and information. The third-party Google Analytics cookies allow us to measure the traffic to the website, how long users spend on the website and how many pages are viewed. This information is only used for statistical purposes and all information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments in relation to data privacy or otherwise please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modification was made 27th January 2019.